Monday, July 02, 2007

American Fork

Modern Development, Small-Town Charm
























The image you see -- click image to enlarge -- is an information piece I produced for Economic Development director Debby Lauret to take with her to the International Council of Shopping Centers' annual convention in Las Vegas. We hope it has given many a retailer an honest and appealing look at American Fork.

Debby tells me she spent quite some time in Las Vegas with Woodbury Development and Westfield Real Estate -- the power team behind the Meadows. Now they are working on The Village at the Meadows -- a lifestyle center, which is the newest concept in upscale shopping.

Situated as we are at the conflagration of two I-15 interchanges at a good midpoint between Salt Lake and Provo -- and with the north Utah County area exploding in population -- American Fork has become the new hot spot for commercial growth.

But you didn't need me to tell you that. What you want me to tell you is, will there be a steak house at the Village?

I can't answer that, because no deals -- other than JC Penneys -- have inked yet. But Woodbury assures us they are actively seeking a steak house.

And I couldn't care less. I can get a steak at Albertsons any time I want. What I can't get is a book, if our library doesn't carry it.

Fortunately, Woodbury is also working on some of the major book retailers. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As is Woodbury. They do not want to face me again, if they haven't got us a book store.

American Fork.
Modern Development, Small-Town Charm.

Great Place to Find a Good Book.


That's the American Fork I want us to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger MarkS said...

Heidi, that's a great flyer. Sets out a vision, clearly states the positive points about living here.

The only small quibble I'd have is that trappers didn't really discover AF, that would more likely be the Ute Indians that used the area before we came along.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home